I made the air layer separation just two weeks ago but in that time it has firmed up in its pot and started to shoot everywhere I gave it a trim. So it seemed like as good a time as any to get on and make the cuts to prepare it for new branch development, and make the most of the summer weather.
Here is is immediately after the separation.
Every branch that was cut has started to re-shoot - typically with many shoots on each branch.
Here I've marked up the piece at issue.
Here the work begins with the branch removal.
Just the last bit to go at the top.
This is from the right.
And the back.
We are going to have a "Clero" day at the club at our January meeting. That will be an opportunity to see what this tree gets up to in the next 4 weeks.
Merry Christmas and HNY.